From: Marsha Manuel, Grants Director
The Mississippi Office of Homeland Security is announcing the availability of the FY 2019 State Homeland Security Funding Opportunity as well as conducting a State-wide Threat and Hazards review (your input will be utilized to develop Mississippi’s State Homeland Security Grant Program Funding Request, State Threat and Hazard identification and Risk Assessment, as well as the annual State Preparedness Report).
In your funding request/stakeholder response please provide the following:
- One brief paragraph describing each of your jurisdictions top three threats.
- One brief paragraph describing each of your jurisdictions top three hazards.
- One to three brief paragraph(s) describing any capability gap which inhibits your jurisdiction’s ability to respond to the threats and hazards you have identified. Explain how you determined your capability gaps (i.e. a response to a real life event, an exercise, a training event). Please address how utilization of existing state-wide assets (Task Forces, Force Protection Units, bomb teams, etc) may/may not mitigate the threats and hazards you have identified.
- Provide a Budget Detail Worksheet outlining the piece(s) of equipment, cost per item(s), number of item(s), and a grand total of the amount that you are requesting. Verify equipment eligibility: Go to “Google” and type in “DHS Authorized Equipment List”
5. Acknowledge and provide a brief description of having an adequate property management system.
** Please ensure that you submit your response on agency letterhead with an address and contact information. (Notifications will be mailed to the address and contact person provided.)
**This document serves as your request for FY 2019 MOHS grant funding and must be completed properly and returned by the due date stated for consideration of grant funding from MOHS. Please submit your funding request/stakeholder response to Mississippi Office of Homeland Security (Attn. Mrs. Marsha Manuel, Grants Director, P.O. Box 958 Jackson, MS 39205) no later than August 31, 2019. No electronic submissions will be accepted.