Admission Requirements for NFPA 1001 Course (Basic Fire Fighter Program)
- The student must be employed or sponsored by a fire department (Municipal, County or Industrial fire protection department/organization). This step can be done by a career or volunteer department who will be charged with covering all liability or workers compensation coverage for the student while they are attending the program. Proper signatures and department information is required on the application. The student can pay for this class himself, but the sponsorship must come from a fire department. The MSFA does not provide courses for students who are not sponsored by an organization or department. Click here to download complete application package.
Minimum age is 18.
The student must provide to the MSFA the following documents during the enrollment process:
- A completed MSTAT Physical Fitness Program FORM. The MSTAT tests are scheduled each month.
MSCB Personnel Action Form is required
- A complete MSFA General Application for Firefighter I-II Program.
- Provide a copy of photo driver license, government issued photo I. D., or notarized Birth Certificate showing proof of age.
- Provide a copy of H. S. diploma or GED notarized by issuing institution or school board, Letter from school board with student’s name, SSN, & graduation date, or copy of transcript from a junior college or four year university.
- Provide a copy of a current CPR Card issued by American Heart Association, American Red Cross, or equivalent
- Provide a copy of certificate or proof of meeting Emergency Medical Care Requirements (MSCB Form) or First Responder Training, EMT First Aid Class (SEE CATALOG 1001 Requirements of Options)
- MSCB Physical Examination Release form (MSCB-04 revised 12/2009) (this must be performed by an MD or DO) Valid for one year but must be valid from date of exam during all days of the scheduled delivery.