NOTICE OF EMPLOYMENT
The City of Fulton is seeking candidates for the position of Full Time Firefighter. There will be a physical fitness test event at 8 AM on May 6 and again on May 13. Applicants will report to the fire department at 604 South Adams Street and must attend only 1 of the events. Applications will be available after the physical fitness test. Applications may also be obtained and returned to city hall or www.visitfultonms.com.
- Age 18 or older.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Certified Mississippi Volunteer Firefighter-I or verifiable experience in a firefighter role.
- Certified Emergency Medical Responder or higher.
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be in good physical and mental condition, to be later verified by a licensed medical physician of the employer’s choice.
- Be of good moral character as evidenced, among other things, by a review of all criminal convictions and traffic violations.
- Have the physical ability to pass a physical fitness test similar to the MSTAT required by Mississippi Fire Academy and Mississippi Fire Personnel Minimum Standards and Certification Board.
The City of Fulton is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.