The City of West Point, MS announces the following position vacancy:
One (1) Entry Level or Certified Firefighter
The minimum responsibilities and requirements of this position are as follows:
- Must be a certified firefighter or demonstrate ability to pass an *Academy Physical Entrance Test
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Mississippi Driver’s License
- Applicant must be certified or able to become certified through the Mississippi State Fire Academy in Firefighter 1001- I-II
- Must be willing to train and acquire certifications in numerous fire related tasks such as hazardous materials, confined space rescue, rope rescue, urban search and rescue, dive rescue, etc.
- Must be willing to deploy any where in the state on short notice if activated by the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency as the West Point Fire Department is part of the Task Force II Regional Response Team.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Applications and job description may be obtained at the West Point Fire Department, 761 E. Brame Avenue, online at http://www.wpnet.org, or City Hall, 580 Commerce Street, West Point, MS 39773. Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Interviews and physical test will be scheduled between Monday, June 6th, 2022 and Friday, June 10th, 2022. The City of West Point, MS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of City Clerk, Mrs. Deloris Doss at 662-494-2573.