MSFA Courses: Partnership With MS Workforce Development (In partnership with the Central MS Planning Development District (CMPDD), MS Department of Employment Security and Workforce Development)
- Courses Currently Eligible on the Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL):
- Firefighter 1001 – Level I-II
- Driver Operator NFPA 1002: Pumper Apparatus
- Fire Officer 1021- I-II
- Fire Service Instructor 1041- I-II
- Emergency Medical Technician: Basic
- Emergency Medical Technician: Advanced
The following information is a guideline to assist in your efforts to register and sign up for Workforce Development/MSFA courses.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and 18 years or older.
- You must be registered with Selective Service. You do not have to register with Selective Service if not male.
- This program includes on-campus, off-campus (field) and on-line courses for the above named courses only.
- The MSFA encourages each fire department to take advantage of these available courses.
Steps required for registration by student of sponsored fire department:
- Applicants must register through the statewide WIN Job Center to apply for courses listed above.
- Select/Visit which WIN job center is in your district. WIN recommends calling ahead for an appointment, at which time WJC staff will advise on the required documentation that will be needed.
- Students will apply for individual training account (ITA) for funding.
- Select MSFA Course/Class.
- Workforce will contact MSFA with student/course information.
The MSFA would like to THANK Central MS Planning Development District, MS Department of
Employment Security, Workforce Development, and members of the Community College Board for
making this possible for 1 st responders! MS Making a Difference!